[Pythonmac-SIG] I stand corrected on BBEdit Python Filters

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:51:03 +0100

Chris Barker wrote:

> While we are on BB-edit and Python on OS-X
>
> Is there a good way to get BBedit to use SPACES ONLY for indenting
> (four at a time)?
>
> I mostly write code that I need to use cross platform, and four space
> indenting has become the defacto standard, but BB-eidt doesn't seem
> to make it easy to do that.
>
> I want to be able to press the tab key to indent, and, ideally press
> the delete key to de-tent (and not have to do it four times)
>
> What do you all do?

I've recently started using this (not for my own code yet, but for a
contribution to the Python core), and "Auto-Expand tabs" work well for
indenting, but dedenting is indeed a matter of backspace four times :-(.
I haven't found a shortcut or modifier to do that yet. This is BBEdit
6.5, dunno about 7.

Just