[Pythonmac-SIG] I stand corrected on BBEdit Python Filters

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:26:17 +0100

On donderdag, dec 19, 2002, at 22:51 Europe/Amsterdam, Just van Rossum
wrote:
> I've recently started using this (not for my own code yet, but for a
> contribution to the Python core), and "Auto-Expand tabs" work well for
> indenting, but dedenting is indeed a matter of backspace four times
> :-(.
> I haven't found a shortcut or modifier to do that yet. This is BBEdit
> 6.5, dunno about 7.

I talked to the BBEdit folks about having some way to un-indent with
one keystroke, but I didn't manage to convince them. They considered it
"too magic" (even for shift-TAB or some such combination), and my
citing oodles of Unix editors that all have this feature didn't
convince them.

But, of course, if more people request an un-indent command, maybe at
some point they'll yield:-)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -