[Pythonmac-SIG] JPython and the IDE

Bill Dozier dozier@abs.net
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 14:30:25 -0400

Hi,

I've pretty much decided on using JPython on the Mac so that I can do GUIs
without having to learn and wrap PowerPlant or wait for wxMac and hope that
it is complete and as easy to use.

The one catch that I run into is debugging. If I do straight Java, I can use
CW's debugger, if I do straight Python, I can use Just's IDE. However, I
want to use JPython....

Do you sirs think that using the IDE with JPython is doable? (I just tried
running it with JPython and it immediately complains about not finding the
MacOS module...I can't find it either...where is it?) If someone that knows
how the IDE is put together (Just, Joe, ...?) gives me a hint or two, I'll
try to make it work and then let everyone else in on how.

Thanks!

Bill