[Pythonmac-SIG] Writing a Stand Alone GUI program with the IDE

Chris Barker cbarker@jps.net
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 13:46:09 -0700

Hi,

As the discussion has shown, there are people that would like to be able
to use the IDE to develop stand alone Python programs.

It was pointed out the Tk has a lot of other limitations on the Mac, but
I'd like to see any alteration of the IDE allow ANY gui toolkit.
Personally, I'm holding out for WxPython. It is a pretty nice framework.

By the way, is anyone putting any effort into improving the basic
interpreter window? If it worked well, I would be a lot happier working
without the IDE. When I use Python on Linux, I usually edit the code in
emacs, and run it in the interpretter. I end up using "execfile" a lot.

Specific things:   Command line recall and editing!!!
                   cut and paste to the command line.
                   I'd love to see readline and rlcompeter functioning
as well

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,