Question(s)

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 07:18:21 EDT 2023

On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 at 21:46, o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2. Catch the failure as you save. We have a lot of tools that can help
> > you to spot bugs.
>
> Tools like this for python please.

Various ones. Type checkers like MyPy fall into this category if you
set your system up to run them when you save. Some editors do basic
syntax checks too.

> > 3. Catch the failure before you commit and push. Unit tests are great for this.
>
> Where might I find such please.

The same tools, but run as a pre-commit hook.

Any tool that can help you find bugs has the potential to be of value.
It's all a question of how much time it saves with earlier detection
of bugs versus how much it costs you in pacifying the tool. Some are
better than others.

ChrisA