Cannot install pkg_resources using pip

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Mon Apr 17 00:07:13 EDT 2023

On 4/16/2023 6:27 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>> If pip has not been installed (very possible on Linux), then you will
>> need to get it.  If python3.9 is not the system-upgraded version, then
>> do an internet search for "linux python install pip". There's a pip
>> website that has an installer for it. I never remember what it's
>> called, so I always have to search for it myself.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/install-python-pip-linux
>
> I'll download the installer from ther.

The page I was thinking of is

https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installation/

I found it by an internet search for "pip installer".  It covers several
ways to install pip on Linux, MacOS, and Windows. On Linux, use it for
Python installations that were *not* installed by the system.  Use the
package manager if the Python installation or upgrade *was* installed by
the system.

That Redhat link basically uses the pypa.io instructions.