Cannot install pkg_resources using pip

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Sun Apr 16 22:59:16 EDT 2023

On 4/16/2023 6:27 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2023, Thomas Passin wrote:
[snip]

> It should have been installed with the upgrade to 3.9.10

In my experience, on Windows pip is always included but on Linux hardly
ever.  I have always needed to install the system installer pip package
or get it from the pip site, depending, as I wrote earlier, on whether
your version of Python was installed by the system or not.

[I'm no great Linux expert but I've had to go through this for probably
a dozen VMs over the last few years].