What to write or search on github to get the code for what is written below:

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 17 11:41:36 EST 2022

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 02:51:22 +1100, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>
declaimed the following:

>I strongly encourage everyone to stop helping the OP until there's
>some code to help with.

	Well, we did squeeze about four lines of code from the OP -- though
still incomplete (no import statements so we have to research what 3rd
party module the OP might be invoking -- and they seem to have totally
skipped direct usage of an module for reading Excel format files in favor
of loading the massive pandas package [with its need for those direct
reading modules along with SciPy/NumPy -- does it also load matplotlib?]).

>(I'm not surprised, given that the original request was basically
>"what should I search for to magically find what I want".)

	To which the closest viable response I've extracted is to Google

			python library management system

(presuming Python is a firm requirement). Of course all of those have the
problems

		1A		They use an RDBM (most examples seem to be MySQL based,
though SQLite3 might show up in some)
		1B		No sign of Excel spreadsheets anywhere

		2A		They handle adding/removing books from the inventory
(permanent actions), along with
		2B		Check-out/Check-in of books from the inventory (OP seems to
only focus on Check-out/Reservation)
		2C		They may even track who is allowed to run the application
(staff only... for all functions or just some, etc.)

		3		Every copy of a book is an individual record in the
database -- if there are 30 copies of a book, there are 30 records for it,
and each copy can only have one check-out at a time; no "decrement" of a
"number available".

		4		Some are local/desktop applications using Qt or similar GUI
framework, others might be web-based but likely not Flask

	{And, from my personal viewpoint, they may be using SQLAlchemy... I
have the O'Reilly text for that, and find it still makes no sense to me...
I can code direct SQL queries faster than trying to figure out the
equivalent functionality in SQLAlchemy... And if the OP has a fixation on
spreadsheet views of the data, SQLAlchemy will really be a mystery.

}

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/