What to write or search on github to get the code for what is written below:

Avi Gross avigross at verizon.net
Mon Jan 17 12:22:08 EST 2022

I can appreciate people under time pressure wanting the job DONE first and maybe learning more after. So, yes, it makes perfect sense to delegate the task to others with expertise or ask for advice.
This forum may mean many things to many people but for me, it is a place to offer guidance and small amounts of help as a voluntary activity. Doing a major project for free is not necessarily why I am here. I prefer being hired and compensated, LOL!
But I share the frustration when someone dumps an ill-defined project on you without realizing what they handed you is an old application that cannot trivially be shifted into something new without serious effort and preparation.
The feedback here has included suggestions that we were shown only a part of the task needed and that it would be a good idea to not even try to keep your data in some EXCEL format if it was used heavily in ways perhaps never intended. Obviously, feeling urgency to do something quickly will make it hard to accept our suggestions, but nonetheless, a request here, as has been pointed out, should anticipate a python-oriented answer. Asking us here to make a set of macros for EXCEL to do this task would be inappropriate. Some are suggesting that a solution that keeps reading and writing to an EXCEL file for each transaction is also not necessarily a great design.
I think your answer makes me amend what I wrote. I grant you may be interested in learning but due to the press of time, you want a working set of software first.
Good luck with that.