No shortcut Icon on Desktop

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Apr 14 20:49:53 EDT 2022

On 4/14/22 18:06, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2022-04-14, Richard Damon <Richard at Damon-Family.org> wrote:
>
>> I think the issue is that the 'python' interpreter/compiler isn't the
>> sort of program that makes sense to make a desktop icon for, as it is a
>> command line utility.
>
> Yes, it is a command line utility. Why does that mean you shouldn't
> have a desktop shortcut for it?
>
> I start up a python REPL prompt in a terminal often enough that were I
> a windows users, I would probably want a desktop shortcut for it.
>
> It would at least let people know that something got installed and
> show them what a Python is. If they don't want/use that shortcut, it's
> trivial to delete it.
>
> --
> Grant

easy to add - it's a windows thing, not a python thing.  you can
navigate to the install directory and create a shortcut and drag that
out of that directiory in explorer and drop it on the desktop.  or you
can navigate through the start menu, and when you get to the thing you
want, pick open folder and then you can create a shortcut and drag off
to the desktop.