No shortcut Icon on Desktop

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 20:06:11 EDT 2022

On 2022-04-14, Richard Damon <Richard at Damon-Family.org> wrote:

> I think the issue is that the 'python' interpreter/compiler isn't the
> sort of program that makes sense to make a desktop icon for, as it is a
> command line utility.

Yes, it is a command line utility. Why does that mean you shouldn't
have a desktop shortcut for it?

I start up a python REPL prompt in a terminal often enough that were I
a windows users, I would probably want a desktop shortcut for it.

It would at least let people know that something got installed and
show them what a Python is. If they don't want/use that shortcut, it's
trivial to delete it.

--
Grant