pyinstaller wrong classified as Windows virus

Edmondo Giovannozzi edmondo.giovannozzi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 04:28:54 EST 2021

Il giorno venerdì 26 novembre 2021 alle 08:13:50 UTC+1 Ulli Horlacher ha scritto:
> Avi Gross <avig... at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > I am not sure what your real problem is, Ulli, but many antivirus programs
> > can be TEMPORARILY shut off.
> Meanwhile I found this configuration option.
> But this does not help me much, because my programs must run on other
> Windows PCs of other users and they cannot disable the default Windows
> virus scanner.
>
> I for myself does not use Windows at all, I just use it to compile my
> programs.
> > If one recognizes your code a potentially having a virus, it may be for an
> > assortment of reasons such as a table it contains to look at position N in
> > the executable for an exact match with some bit-string. If so, one potential
> > fix is a slight change in the code that compiles a bit differently like
> > x=sin(30) or other filler.
> I do not know what and where the virus scanning is complaining about.
> It simple says virus threat found and then it deletes my executables.
> It is the default virus scanner of Windows 10, I have not installed any
> additional software (besides Python and cygwin).
> > But consider another possibility that your compiler software is compromised
> Then https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.10.0/python-3.10.0-amd64.exe
> is infected. I doubt this.
> > Is this happening to only one set of code?
> This is happening SOMETIMES, not always. With the SAME source code. When I
> call pyinstaller often enough, then the virus scanner is quiet. In about 1
> of 20 compile runs.
> --
> Ullrich Horlacher Server und Virtualisierung
> Rechenzentrum TIK
> Universitaet Stuttgart E-Mail: horl... at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
> Allmandring 30a Tel: ++49-711-68565868
> 70569 Stuttgart (Germany) WWW: http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/

You can try to download winpython: https://github.com/winpython/winpython/releases
It is an executable, but you don't need to execute it as it is a 7zip compressed archive.
You may run it or use directly 7zip to decompress it, the result will be the same.

Then you have a full python installation that don't need to be installed.
You may try to put your program there and give the users that directory.