Horrible abuse of __init_subclass__, or elegant hack?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 04:32:21 EDT 2021

On 02/04/2021 00:42, dn via Python-list wrote:

> Contrarily "tuck" in (old) English slang represented "sweets" (or

Not that old. We still use it occasionally today. And we
certainly had a "tuck shop" at school. It was where you
bought lunch if not eating in the refectory. ie. sandwiches,
crisps, pop etc. But its main sales were sweets including
chocolate bars  (bringing us back to Cadbury :-)

Unusually, our tuck shop was run by the student body. The
school prefects were the operating committee and
responsible for finding volunteers to staff it and
order supplies and bank the proceeds 9with the school
secretary)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site