Symlinks already present

none albert albert at cherry.
Wed Oct 28 09:12:35 EDT 2020

In article <mailman.856.1598858817.9580.python-list at python.org>,
Cameron Simpson  <cs at cskk.id.au> wrote:

>Yeah, makes me ill. That's because these days "pwd" is usually a shell
>builtin with funny semantics and a cache/sanity=check against $PWD
>(which gets computed as you cd around, typically). And if has a -P
>option and friends explicitly because of this hideous stuff.

Would you be a fan of nash , the Never Again so complicated SHell ?
The base idea that it is a Forth interpreter that has a few
shell like features tucked onto it, like executing programs.
And if you type pwd,
sure as hell it would look through $PATH and execute the exact
program you want.
(You could defined `pwd' in the interpreter yourself to do something
different. If you do that, probably you want it.)

>Cheers,
>Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>

Groetjes Albert
--
This is the first day of the end of your life.
It may not kill you, but it does make your weaker.