EuroPython 2020: Launching the conference website

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Sun Mar 8 07:55:19 EDT 2020

We are very excited to announce the launch of our website for
EuroPython 2020:

		     * EuroPython 2020 Website *

		    https://ep2020.europython.eu/

Our web WG worked hard on putting the finishing touches on the website
and many other team members helped update the content.

We have ported the accounts from last year to the new website, so you
should be able to login with last year’s details. That said, we’d
recommend changing your password as best practice.

Please note that we have also updated the profile page, so after login
you will be redirected to the profile page to make any necessary
adjustments.

More updates:
-------------

- The CFP will launch as planned on Monday, March 9th.

- We are also considering to open early bird sales on Wednesday, March
  11 at 12:00 CET. However, since we’re still waiting for the VAT ID
  registration, we won’t be able to produce invoices yet. Those will
  get delivered later when we have the VAT ID - much like in
  Edinburgh, where we had similar delays.

- Ticket prices are already available on the registration page. Unlike
  in previous years, we are publishing all prices at once, so that you
  can get a better overview.

- As you probably know, the Corona virus has hit Europe and we are
  closely monitoring the situation. We will publish separate blog
  posts on this topic. So far, we are hopeful that the situation will
  have calmed down by July.

- We have prepared the sponsorship packages and will announce these in
  separate blog post. Early bird sponsors will again receive a 10%
  discount on the package price. If you’re interested in becoming a
  sponsor, please contact our sponsor team at
  sponsoring at europython.eu.

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/611955238740557824/europython-2020-launching-the-conference-website

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1236620559443800066