Fwd: How can I build embeddable zip python on Linux

Filip Bascarevic filipbascarevic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 04:47:29 EDT 2020

Dear Python team,

I have tried to build the GDB with Python support for windows. Because I
didn’t want to have any Python dependence on building system, I decided to
embed python in GDB using Windows x86_64 embeddable zip file and with it I
had success.

When I tried to build GDB with Python support on Linux, I realized I
couldn’t find embeddable python for Linux. I have tried to find some
article how can I build embeddable Python from source in Linux and only
what I have found is this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42280553/how-to-build-embeddable-python

but again it is only for Windows.

Please, can you give me some instructions how can I build embeddable Python
from source in Linux? Is it possible in the Linux environment?

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

With best regards,

M.Eng. Filip Bascarevic