Fwd: How can I build embeddable zip python on Linux

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 00:12:45 EDT 2020

On 6/4/20 2:47 AM, Filip Bascarevic wrote:
> When I tried to build GDB with Python support on Linux, I realized I
> couldn’t find embeddable python for Linux.
>
> Please, can you give me some instructions how can I build embeddable Python
> from source in Linux? Is it possible in the Linux environment?

What does "embeddable python" mean?  Do you mean the libpython shared
library and C API?  If so it's just a matter of installing the correct
-devel or -dev package on your distro. On Debian this would likely be
libpython#.#-dev where # is the version. For example, libpython3.8-dev.
On Fedora that might be python-devel (or on CentOS, python36-devel).