Suggestions on mechanism or existing code - maintain persistence of file download history

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:13:15 EST 2020

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 2:01 AM R.Wieser <address at not.available> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> >> I think that a database is /definitily/ overcomplicating stuff,
> >
> > Okay, sure... but you didn't say that.
>
> I'm sorry ?   In my first reply I described a file-based approach and
> mentioned that the folder approach is a rather good one.  What do you think
> I ment there ?
>
> > You said that a database could become corrupted.
>
> Yes, I did.  Here:
>
> [Quote]
> IOW: Databases can be corrupted for pretty-much the same reason as for a
> simple datafile (but with much worse consequences).
> [/quote]
>
> Please do notice the part between the brackets.

Yes, and then you backpedalled furiously when I showed that proper
transactions prevent this. After which... I lost track of what you
were actually trying to say.

So either justify this position, showing that a database can become
corrupted the same way a flat file can, in normal use; or explain to
me what you're actually arguing here.

ChrisA