Suggestions on mechanism or existing code - maintain persistence of file download history

R.Wieser address at not.available
Thu Jan 30 09:55:42 EST 2020

Chris,

>> I think that a database is /definitily/ overcomplicating stuff,
>
> Okay, sure... but you didn't say that.

I'm sorry ?   In my first reply I described a file-based approach and
mentioned that the folder approach is a rather good one.  What do you think
I ment there ?

> You said that a database could become corrupted.

Yes, I did.  Here:

[Quote]
IOW: Databases can be corrupted for pretty-much the same reason as for a
simple datafile (but with much worse consequences).
[/quote]

Please do notice the part between the brackets.

> So what IS your line of argument?

To be frank, the fact that you think you should still ask baffles me.  I
hope that the above clears it up though.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser