Fwd: Sudden changes in idle python and my laptop

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Oct 30 06:00:12 EDT 2019

On 10/30/2019 2:11 AM, dieter wrote:
> nashrahmehar11 <nashrahmehar11 at gmail.com> writes:
>> Suddenly,my idle python started to behave abnormally

Possibility 1: a cosmic ray or a power surge scrambled some bits and you
need to run chkdsk (on Windows) or equivalent to repair them.

Possibility 2: you altered the system some way, such as by installing
other python-related software, that affected the operation of IDLE.

> and when i closed and tried to start it again,then it gave the above message.

I might be more specific when you copy and paste the message.

> This is a text only mailing list.
> You must therefore provide all information in text - you cannot refer
> to attachments.
>
> You might consider uploading images to an appropriate site
> (maybe "pastebin") and add a corresponding link to your message.

Please don't unless it is the ***only*** way to convey the information
-- which is very unlikely.

> But it usually is much preferable to you extract the important
> information as text and include it explicitly into your message.

Please do.

--
Terry Jan Reedy