Help!

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 23:06:32 EST 2019

On 11/11/19 12:07 PM, Jack Gilbert wrote:
> Here's the deal, I have loaded both, one at a time, 3.7.2, and tried 3.8.0,
> separately, when I go to open the program to run I get the same message,
>  Each time and for each version I get a Setup window. asking to modify,
> repair, or uninstall, I usu uninstall,
>
> I don't think it is the install, something with in my win 8.1 system that
> maybe causing this problem.
>
> Thanks in advance for helping me.

This comes up fairly frequently on the mailing list.  Sounds like you're
not actually running Python, but rather trying to run the installer again.

Python is an interpreter and as such it's not meant to be run directly
from the start menu (it has no user interface other than the REPL
command-line prompt).  Usually you write a python script in an editor of
your choice, and then manually run that with Python, either from the
command line, or using the py.exe launcher (usually defined as an opener
for the .py file type).

If your installer installed the Idle IDE, you can use that to create and
run python files.