Help!

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 10:44:19 EST 2019

As always, keep your messages on the mailing list so others can benefit.

On 11/12/19 7:02 AM, Jack Gilbert wrote:
> <snip>

> . how do I get the PY program onto my desktop?

Not quite sure what you mean.  Python programs are saved into text files
which you can store anywhere you want. Save them to the location you
want them to be from your text editor.

> . where might the idle be located

If Idle is installed, a shortcut to it will be in your Windows start
menu, just like most programs that are installed.  It's been many years
since I last used windows, but there's usually a list of programs
installed, called "All Programs".

> I have no idea what I just did, but the python shell just appeared on my
> desktop??????
> I pinned the shell to the taskbar..

A shortcut to the python shell, or the shell itself running in a window?

Finally, it's most likely you'll find the best beginner help at the
python-tutor mailing list[1].