Help!

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Mon Nov 11 16:21:49 EST 2019

On 11Nov2019 13:07, Jack Gilbert <00jhenryg at gmail.com> wrote:
>Here's the deal, I have loaded both, one at a time, 3.7.2, and tried 3.8.0,
>separately, when I go to open the program to run I get the same message,
> Each time and for each version I get a Setup window. asking to modify,
>repair, or uninstall, I usu uninstall,
>
>I don't think it is the install, something with in my win 8.1 system that
>maybe causing this problem.

This sounds to me like you are not starting Python, instead you are
starting its installer.

See if there's a programme called "IDLE". And I gather the command to
run Python from a command line is "py" on Windows (I am not a Windows
person, so my advice is vague).

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>