System Beep?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 17:56:45 EST 2019

On 2019-03-08, Steve <Gronicus at SGA.Ninja> wrote:

> I tried all three, nothing audio.  I am beginning to wonder if
> something I the operating system is at fault. The three lines do
> produce symbols.  The first two are a rectangle with a space in the
> middle and the last one spelled out "bel" in short/small characters.

Not all terminals produce a beep when they receive a BEL character.
Many X11 terminals used to flash the entire terminal window instead
(otherwise you had no way to know which terminal caused the "beep").

I just tested three of the terminals on my laptop, and none of them
beep when they receive a BEL.

--
Grant