the python name

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:06:21 EST 2019

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:01 AM DL Neil <PythonList at danceswithmice.info> wrote:
> PS the smart reply: who do you think coded the Alt-Tab window-switching
> mechanism?
> or, whose shoulders' do you young, whipper-snappers think you're
> standing on? (and, "please get down, and go and wash your feet")

Hold on hold on. "Window-switching mechanism"? That implies that you
have windows to switch between. First, we have to have the concept of
multiple programs running at once. Then the concept of each of those
programs having its own isolated display, which you can then switch
between...

But yeah, "whose shoulders are you standing on" is the right way to
look at it. Also: "are you offering YOUR shoulders to the next
generation?"

ChrisA