Server side Blazor-like framework in Python?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 07:14:44 EST 2019

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 11:11 PM <hchrholm at online.no> wrote:

> I've been doing a lot of development with server side Blazor on .NET recently, and I think it's a very interesting UI model (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/blazor/hosting-models?view=aspnetcore-3.1). What would it take to make something similar in Python? I guess a lot of relevant Python packages already exist.
>
> SSB works by having a component/DOM model running on the server. The client web page sends events and receives DOM diffs over a SignalR/websocket comnection.

I *much* prefer to have the front end in charge of the UI, and the
back end work as an API. Just send and receive JSON with useful
information in it, and let the front end figure out how it wants to
display that.

But hey, if you want to ship a DOM diff down the wire, go ahead. Just
don't ask me to use your tool. :)

ChrisA