Wikipedia on Python

Chris Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:06:04 EDT 2018

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 at 20:11, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 5:05 AM Spencer Graves
> <spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org> wrote:
> >        Beyond that, I'd like to encourage people on this list to review
> > the Wikipedia article on "Python (programming language)",[1] especially
> > the claim that "a package is a Python module with an __path__
> > attribute", which I added on 2018-09-24 to help me understand the
> > distinction.
> >

> You're welcome to put whatever you like into Wikipedia, but
> personally, I don't think that particular piece of terminology is all
> that helpful to the typical reader. Technical distinctions aren't
> important to someone who's trying to find out what Python's all about,
> or why s/he should learn the language.

Seconded. This is not useful at all on Wikipedia.
I took the liberty to remove this paragraph, because I don’t think
anyone would find it useful; in fact, it would only confuse people.
Here’s a diff for anyone interested in the original content:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Python_(programming_language)&diff=prev&oldid=861064627

PGP: 5EAAEA16