Wikipedia on Python

Ryan Johnson rj.amdphreak at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:44:42 EDT 2018

Not really having read the whole story here, just wanna say that Wikipedia articles already suffer from a tug-of-war between professionals and students. Don’t worsen the problem. Include lay explanation and go into the technical details in a natural progression. Don’t force the reader to make large perspective jumps or conceptual jumps or require them to approach the article from the perspective of the designer from one sentence to the next. Pick your audience first, then write. Wikipedia requires a bridge between student and professional. Write it like it’s a synopsis that goes into detail, not like a reference manual for the already-initiated reader. If you like to write like it’s a reference, then there are list metapages on Wikipedia that tend to be agreeable to this.

peace

Sent from Mail for Windows 10