Python on 10.14 Mojave

Thomas Jollans tjol at tjol.eu
Wed Oct 10 09:58:12 EDT 2018

On 2018-10-10 14:52, Kevin Walzer wrote:
> I'm trying to build Python 3.7.0 on macOS 10.14, and Tkinter is not
> linking to my installation of Tcl/Tk 8.6.8 in /Library/Frameworks.
> Instead it is linking to the ancient 8.5 Tk installed in
> /System/Library/Frameworks. My usual way of forcing Python to link to my
> installation is to edit setup.py and comment out all search directories
> except /Library/Frameworks, but that seems to be ignored here. Is there
> any other way to link to the correct frameworks?

My knowledge of macOS is based mostly on hearsay, but I suppose the
usual way would be to specify appropriate ./configure flags -- which
might be mentioned in ./configure --help.

% ./configure --help | grep -i tcl
  --with-tcltk-includes='-I...'
                          override search for Tcl and Tk include files
  --with-tcltk-libs='-L...'
                          override search for Tcl and Tk libs