Python on 10.14 Mojave

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Oct 10 08:52:02 EDT 2018

I'm trying to build Python 3.7.0 on macOS 10.14, and Tkinter is not
linking to my installation of Tcl/Tk 8.6.8 in /Library/Frameworks.
Instead it is linking to the ancient 8.5 Tk installed in
/System/Library/Frameworks. My usual way of forcing Python to link to my
installation is to edit setup.py and comment out all search directories
except /Library/Frameworks, but that seems to be ignored here. Is there
any other way to link to the correct frameworks?

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin