Observations on the List - "Be More Kind"

Tue Oct 9 23:18:27 EDT 2018

On 10/9/18 2:03 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 4:57 AM Richard Damon <Richard at damon-family.org> wrote:
>> Shoot, as in physically, generally no such right; metaphorically, as in
>> sever discipline in list operations, generally yes, though perhaps
>> limited from some grounds based on applicable Laws.
> AIUI there is no law stating that I have to carry someone else's
> traffic. So the power to cut someone's traffic off my server is
> unlimited.
>
> (Principles like "free speech" are often misunderstood as "I have the
> right to say what I like, where I like, and to have people listen to
> me". That's not the case, particularly the last part.)
>
> ChrisA

My comment is about laws regarding 'Protected Classes', which once you
open yourself to providing services to the 'general public' you are not
allow to decide not to serve a particular person because of their
membership in a 'Protected Class' (but could perhaps deny them for other
grounds).

--
Richard Damon