Observations on the List - "Be More Kind"

jfong at ms4.hinet.net jfong at ms4.hinet.net
Tue Oct 9 22:18:05 EDT 2018

Richard Damon at 2018.10.9 UTC+8 PM 8:40:29 wrote:
> Moderators are generally appointed by those who do 'pay the bill' for
> the mailing list they are moderators for, and serve at their pleasure.
> Mailing List are generally 'private property', though often made open to
> the public for general use. The owners of that property, generally have
> rights to establish rules for the public to use that property (perhaps
> somewhat constrained by whatever laws are applicable at the physical
> location that the mailing list server, owner or moderator resides at).
>
> Shoot, as in physically, generally no such right; metaphorically, as in
> sever discipline in list operations, generally yes, though perhaps
> limited from some grounds based on applicable Laws.

Then, I respect their right of doing this if it's a 'private property'.

I switched from comp.lang.python to mailing list a few months ago for those spam threads there. Now it seems a bad decision because 1) replied mail can be lost  or duplicated or even banned. 2) look at each separately mail is not as comfortable as at a single thread. 3) Google group is a more free land to live.

So, have to switch back to comp.lang.python to get ride of all these problems.

--Jach