Observations on the List - "Be More Kind"

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 22:31:07 EDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 1:21 PM <jfong at ms4.hinet.net> wrote:
> I switched from comp.lang.python to mailing list a few months ago for those spam threads there. Now it seems a bad decision because 1) replied mail can be lost  or duplicated or even banned. 2) look at each separately mail is not as comfortable as at a single thread. 3) Google group is a more free land to live.
>
> So, have to switch back to comp.lang.python to get ride of all these problems.

Well, just be aware that a lot of people block ALL posts that come
from Google Groups. The signal-to-noise ratio there is sufficiently
low that it's often just not worth carrying that traffic. So you're
welcome to switch over to there to get freedom, but you're basically
getting the Wild West, where spammers run free and the lawless rule...
and the genteel avoid the place.

ChrisA