How to change '\\' to '\'

Jach Fong jfong at ms4.hinet.net
Mon Oct 1 22:17:27 EDT 2018

Thanks for your info about how Windows supports the forward slash.

I don't quit sure what is the meaning of "top posting" in your mail.
If its meaning (forgive me if I was wrong) is where the reply was put
in mail, I have reason of standing on the opposite side.

It was supposed that most discussant want to see the reply message
instantly when they open the mail. They already know what is going on
and no need to pass through all those previous message. "top posting"
seems more reasonable to me:-)

--Jach

mm0fmf at 2018/10/2 AM 05:05 wrote:
> On 01/10/2018 10:19, Jach Fong wrote:
>> Hmmm...strange, I didn't see Rick's mail:-(
>>
>> Sure the forward slash is better, not to cause this confusion.
>> But I am curious, since when, I mean, since which version
>> Windows start to accept forward slash?
>>

> First, stop top posting.
>
> Second, ISTR that all Windows NT versions and versions derived from the
> NT codebase support forward slash in pathnames given to functions. It
> may go back further, but anything derived from NT works.  I can't
> remember which Windows command shells support it, probably PowerShell does.

---