How to change '\\' to '\'

William Ray Wing wrw at mac.com
Tue Oct 2 00:22:24 EDT 2018

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 10:17 PM, Jach Fong <jfong at ms4.hinet.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your info about how Windows supports the forward slash.
>
> I don't quit sure what is the meaning of "top posting" in your mail.
> If its meaning (forgive me if I was wrong) is where the reply was put
> in mail, I have reason of standing on the opposite side.

Yes, exactly correct

> It was supposed that most discussant want to see the reply message
> instantly when they open the mail. They already know what is going on
> and no need to pass through all those previous message. "top posting"
> seems more reasonable to me:-)

The problem is that it is comparatively rare for there to be a singleton Q and immediate A.  Even seemingly simple questions frequently trigger fairly long discussions, which assume familiarity with the earlier discussion. AND this list is pretty much the place of record for people researching python IFAQs (infrequently asked questions). So, six months from now a Google search that turns up a relevant thread will make sense only if it can be read as in-lined comments like this.