please test the new PyPI (now in beta)

Sumana Harihareswara sumana.harihareswara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:04:30 EDT 2018

On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 1:17:20 PM UTC-4, William Ray Wing wrote:
> > On Mar 28, 2018, at 10:50 AM, sumana.harihareswara at gmail.com wrote:
> >

> [byte]
>

> > People who literally don't see the list of ways to filter on the left-hand side of https://pypi.org/search/
>
> I do see the list of filters, but I only get it AFTER I’ve entered my first search term.  I may be an outlier here, but I find that an unfortunate bit of UI design.  I suppose it is deliberate in that the filters can then be used to narrow search results, but if I know going in that I’m only interested in a particular set of results, I’d like to be able to apply that filter to my first search.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Bill, thank you for the report. I have filed it at https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/3462 and -- either there or here -- would appreciate knowing more about your experience so I can figure out how to reproduce it. What browser are you using? Do you have JavaScript turned off, or any relevant plugins installed (like Stylish)? What is your zoom level, if it's not 100%, and what is your window width? If you could email me a screenshot or add it to the GitHub issue, that would also help a lot.

best,
Sumana Harihareswara