please test the new PyPI (now in beta)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Mar 28 16:47:09 EDT 2018

On 3/28/2018 10:50 AM, sumana.harihareswara at gmail.com wrote:

> People who literally don't see the list of ways to filter on the left-hand side of https://pypi.org/search/ : I ask you the usual list of troubleshooting questions. What OS and browser are you using, what plugins and particularly interesting preferences are you using, and so on. (When I turn off JavaScript in my browser, I see a list of clickable category headings like "By Programming Language" but clicking on them causes no response.) A screenshot in an issue at https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues would be helpful. (Reminder that participating in Warehouse development, including by filing an issue, requires abiding by the PyPA Code of Conduct https://www.pypa.io/en/latest/code-of-conduct/ .)

This is a window width issue.  Full screen (on my monitor), the
categories work fine, and clicking on them appears to work.  When I
narrow the browser window to about 1100 pixels, the category list 'to
the left' disappears and is replaced by an [Add filter] box.  When this
happens, "from the list of classifiers on the left." should be replaced
by "by clicking the button below."

 >I recognize that many users want a more condensed view on many
pypi.org pages,

I consider reducing the search results from 60 to 10 per page to be
unacceptable and disrespectful of me as a user.

--
Terry Jan Reedy