please test the new PyPI (now in beta)

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Mar 27 04:35:26 EDT 2018

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 18:16:26 -0400, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:

> The new Python Package Index at https://pypi.org is now in beta.
>
> This means the site is robust, but we anticipate needing more user
> testing and changes before it is "production-ready" and can fully
> replace https://pypi.python.org . We hope to complete the transition
> before the end of April 2018.

Ah, excellent, we can finally get rid of the unending nightmare that was
the nice, clean, readable PyPI design and replace it with something full
of unnecessary swaths of bold colours and low-contrast light-blue text on
blue background. Yay!

By the way, on the search page:

https://pypi.org/search/

it says "Enter a search query above, or select a filter from the list of
classifiers on the left" but there is no such filter or list of
classifiers.

--
Steve