Posting warning message

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:30:05 EDT 2018

On 2018-06-13, Tamara Berger <brgrt2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I  just meant edit within the moment or two after you've posted a
> message. I think a good feature in this forum would allow posters to
> edit their messages in just that way. I have such a feature enabled in
> gmail. I can "undo" my action for 30 seconds after I've clicked on
> "send."

You refer to "this forum" as if you think it's some centrally
controlled web application.  It's not.  It's a Usenet group gatewayed
to a mailing list gatewayed to an archive/nntp server at gmane.org.
Google then duct-taped the atrocity that is Google Groops onto the side
of the Usenet group.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_mailing_list

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Groups

IOW, there is no such think as "this forum".

If you want whatever user interface you're using to send postings to
hold onto them for 15 minutes to allow you a second chance to edit
them, then you need to talk to whoever maintains the user interface
that you use to send messages to the Usetnet group or mailing list.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! LOOK!!  Sullen
                                  at               American teens wearing