Posting warning message

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Wed Jun 13 00:57:10 EDT 2018

On 13Jun2018 00:41, Tamara Berger <brgrt2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>I  just meant edit within the moment or two after you've posted a
>message. I think a good feature in this forum would allow posters to
>edit their messages in just that way. I have such a feature enabled in
>gmail. I can "undo" my action for 30 seconds after I've clicked on
>"send."

Ah. Well that's reasonable. Now you just need to petition Google for such a
feature :-) Hmm, I wonder if there are browser extensions for that kind of
thing.

Alternatively you could move outside the forum web page and use other tools.
Many of us interact with this via email, using whatever email reader we prefer.
I am minded of a post to alt.peeves from long ago:

  I suppose the solution would be to close the composition window and let
  my article sit for half an hour or so once I've finished with it, and
  then go back and proofread it once more.  But that would be a pain in
  the proverbial bifurcated derriere.  Part of the experience of flaming is
  to load a searing missive into the conceptual breech of my SPARCcannon
  and pull the imaginary lanyard whilst flushed with the adrenaline of mortal
  combat.
  - Geoff Miller, <geoffm at purplehaze.Corp.Sun.COM>

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>