Kindness

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Jul 14 00:38:40 EDT 2018

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 00:45:00 +0300, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:

> Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:

>> Oh, sorry, I mean "how Python lacks basic features that your language
>> just happens to tick all the boxes on". People who come in and ask
>> genuine questions about Python seem to find the group far more
>> welcoming and helpful.
>
> Yeah, that is cult behavior.

Cultists also breathe oxygen and consume food, what's your point?

It is perfectly natural psychology that if somebody comes to you and
politely ask for help, you are more likely to be polite and welcoming in
return than if they come in, flop out their dick and start pissing all
over your favourite things.

"Why are you so unwelcoming? I'm just making a technical criticism."

--
Steven D'Aprano
it everywhere." -- Jon Ronson