[OT] Re: has sourceforge exposed the dirty little secret ?

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Sun Jan 7 18:25:52 EST 2018

On Sun, Jan 7, 2018, at 17:47, Richard Damon wrote:

> But it also says:

> Which is incorrect, as the message is actually 8bit encoded (since the
> Emoji aren't in the first 127 characters, so their UTF-8 encoding isn't
> 7-bit. Some software might have messed up the message in transit due to
> that error.

Well, the fact that the emoji survived the round-trip and showed up properly in his reply (and yours) led me to rule out the possibility that anything like that had happened. Plus, if that had happened, the result wouldn't be boxes, but a series of ASCII characters (some of which are control characters, and some of which are printable).