Using Python 2

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 23:25:38 EDT 2017

Chris Angelico wrote:
> And the sky is going to fall on Chicken Little's head, any
> day now.  Let's see. You can port your code from Python 2.7
> to Python 3.6 by running a script and then checking the
> results for bytes/text problems.

This is an argument i find interesting: First, the Python3
jihadis claim that we should all migrate to Python3 because
Python2 is so useless and ancient, and that if we write code
in Python2, all of our efforts will be a total waste -- But
then! -- they gush about how easy migrating from Python2 to
Python3 is. LOL! To me, this sounds a lot like what is
undermining ObamaCare: specifically, the mandate that
insurance companies cannot deny persons with pre-existing
conditions. Of course, with such a mandate, people won't buy
insurance until they get sick! You see folks, that's what
happens when you become blinded by emotion. And there is a lot
of emotion surrounding this Python3 religion.

> You can port your code from Python 2.7 to Ruby by paying
> developers big bucks for a good while.

Yep, because, in your deluded reality, migrating from
Python2 to Python3 cost nothing. :-\

> Advantage: Ruby, obviously, because it's easier to change
> languages than to audit your code for places where you had
> lurking bugs that you didn't know about.

Pretending that Python2 code is somehow "riddled with bugs",
simply because it does not execute cleanly in Python3, is
laughable. But why am i surprised that a jihadi would
attempt to demonize the opposition?