F5 not working?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Oct 3 15:09:55 EDT 2017

On 10/3/2017 2:02 PM, Breta Skinner wrote:
> Hello,
> I tried looking around the website, but didn't see a question about
> function keys.
> Somehow, I "turned off" the F5 function in the IDLE. It no longer "run
> module", but just does nothing. I have downloaded the newest version, 3.7,
> but that did not solve the problem.  I admit to being clumsy, so I'm
> guessing I hit an odd key combination which disabled F5 for Python IDLE on
> this machine (windows 64 bit HP desk top).
> I tried to check the configuration, but it looks like the key is set up:
> [image: Inline image 1]

This is text only list; images are discarded.  If you run IDLE, select
Options => Preferences => Keys and scroll down to 'run-module', it will
will say <Key-F5> for a built-in keyset until you have changed
idlelib/config-keys.def and should say <Key-F5> for custom key sets
until you changed it, in which case, you should be able to change it back.

If it says F5, which is perhaps what you meant above, and F5 does not
work, then you might have changed your keyboard, outside of IDLE, so
that it does not generate the expected keycode.

Have you rebooted?

--
Terry Jan Reedy