How to install Python package from source on Windows

breamoreboy at gmail.com breamoreboy at gmail.com
Tue May 30 20:06:14 EDT 2017

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 11:32:46 PM UTC+1, Deborah Swanson wrote:
> I really don't get it how all of you have latched onto this idea that I
> said pip tried to install Visual Studio. I said it happened when I tried
> to upgrade pip, and I agreed with someone else who wondered if it might
> have been Anaconda3 that did it.

Quoting you Wed May 24 20:18:03 EDT 2017 "When I tried to upgrade pip it failed because it could neither find nor install Visual Studio 2015."  That is certainly strong enough in my book for people to latch onto an idea.  I simply think that you are mistaken, in just the same way that you've admitted previously in this thread that you believe that you've done something, but actually haven't.  I put that down to your poor health, something with which I can sympathise, as I suffer from a combination of anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, insomnia, autism and, last and thankfully least, diplopia.

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.