How to install Python package from source on Windows

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Tue May 30 18:32:25 EDT 2017

I really don't get it how all of you have latched onto this idea that I
said pip tried to install Visual Studio. I said it happened when I tried
to upgrade pip, and I agreed with someone else who wondered if it might
have been Anaconda3 that did it.

May I remind you that I wasn't the one to reignite this tempest in a
teacup, I've simply tried to answer your questions.