How to install Python package from source on Windows

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Wed May 31 00:42:34 EDT 2017

You are correct. My health is at it's lowest ebb in many years. Quite
possibly I forgot that I'd deleted the post with the traceback instead
of sending it because I was overwhelmed with pain at the time, and with
the difficulties in doing even the smallest things.

However, in your opening quote of what I said, I still meant that "it"
meant Anaconda3 and/or Python 3.4.3 and/or pip itself. The attempt to
install Visual Studio 2015 occurred during my attempt to upgrade pip.
Which component of the installation exactly did it, I don't know, all I
know is that it happened and that's when it broke. I assumed you all
would know that installations of this type have many components, but
once again I underestimated you.

I suppose you can impale me for writing quickly, without spelling out
what each and every pronoun stands for. I didn't realize that the crime
I'm being burned at the stake for was/is impugning the mighty pip until
this evening. Sorry, but after I said that no one could say anything
more that would be useful (and I was right) I'd archived the thread
until someone revived it by addressed me personally. And that turned out
to be for my imaginary presence in a discussion I was ignoring.

So good job. Are you proud of the mess you've made?

Oh, and I don't suppose anyone knows how to build recordclass from
source, which was my original question.

Deborah