How to install Python package from source on Windows

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Tue May 30 16:27:23 EDT 2017

I have already offered to do whatever you would like me to do on this
system - after I'm up and running on Linux. I need a functioning PyCharm
on this system until that happens.

Please accept my word that the attempt to upgrade pip broke when it
tried to install Visual Studio 2015, and I wouldn't even have known to
say that's what happened if I hadn't seen it in the traceback. Quite
possibly it wasn't supposed to do that, but I won't be able to reproduce
that traceback until I no longer need Python3 running on this system.

I'm not sure what it is that you think we disagree on.

Deborah