How to install Python package from source on Windows

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue May 30 15:56:31 EDT 2017

On 30 May 2017 at 20:15, Deborah Swanson <python at deborahswanson.net> wrote:
> Why do you care so deeply what pip does on an operating system that is
> no longer supported?

Sigh. I guess we just have to agree to differ.

> And I'm sorry you're upset that pip is not behaving as expected, but
> please remember that this happened in an unstable build of Anaconda3 on
> an unsupported operating system.

In my experience, many people have to use pip on systems that I'd
rather not support. And technically, pip still supports the setup you
have (in theory - it's a supported Python version,and that Python
version's supported on your OS, etc). But whatever.

Paul