How to install Python package from source on Windows

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue May 30 16:35:04 EDT 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 6:27 AM, Deborah Swanson
<python at deborahswanson.net> wrote:
> Please accept my word that the attempt to upgrade pip broke when it
> tried to install Visual Studio 2015, and I wouldn't even have known to
> say that's what happened if I hadn't seen it in the traceback. Quite
> possibly it wasn't supposed to do that, but I won't be able to reproduce
> that traceback until I no longer need Python3 running on this system.

That's what we are not wanting to do - to merely accept your word that
something so utterly illogical as "Python insists on installing
VS2015" should be happening. We want tracebacks, not assertions. So
no, I won't accept your word that this is pip's fault.

ChrisA